Remote Check Deposit FAQ
Required Equipment and Software for Remote Check Deposit
Q. What is Remote Check Deposit?
Suffolk Federal's Remote Check Deposit is a secure service that allows you to take a photo or scan an endorsed check for electronic deposit and clearing to your Suffolk Federal savings or checking account through your Smartphone or iPad or through Online Banking any time of day.
Q. Where do I get the Remote Check Deposit App?
You can download the Suffolk Federal Mobile app at the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Visit our Mobile Banking page for direct links.
Q. What benefits does Remote Check Deposit offer me?
- Make deposits any time of the day, without leaving your home or office.
- Save time, gas, and trips to our branches to make your deposits.
- Enjoy improved cash flow on your funds with same business day account settlement when checks are deposited Monday–Friday by 3:00pm. Checks deposited after 3:00pm are credited the following business day.
- Reduce the potential for fraud as checks are presented for payment more quickly.
- Eliminate safety concerns when making deposits after branch hours.
- Transmit your deposits safely and securely, right from your Smartphone, Android, iPad or computer.
Q. Is there a fee for this service?
- Business members will be charged $15 per month.
- Non-business members will NOT be charged.
Q. What are the requirements to apply for Remote Check Deposit?
- Must have a Suffolk Federal savings account.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be a member in good standing.
- Must have a valid email address.
- Must be a Suffolk Federal Online Banking user.
Q. What are the software and hardware specifications for Consumer Remote Check Deposit (mobile)?
The DeposZip program works with a variety of supported smartphones and other devices by utilizing the built-in camera to capture check images. The list of supported devices follows:
The App Store (i.e. Apple)
- iPhone 3GS or higher
- iPod touch 4S or higher
- iPad 2, 3, 4 and iPad mini
Google Play (i.e. Android)
- Smartphones with the Android 2.2 Operating System or greater
- Android Tablets
- No "Small Screen" support, i.e. all but "QVGA" 240wx320h are supported
Windows Store (i.e. Windows phones)
- Operating system 8.0 and greater
Q. What are the software and hardware specifications for Business Remote Check Deposit (desktop)?
The DeposZip program works with common TWAIN device drivers used for everything from desktop flatbed scanners and all-in-one devices to multi-feed duplex scanners. DeposZip supports multiple operating systems and browsers, as well as Java and ActiveX controls likely to be used by your customers. Suffolk Federal's Remote Check Deposit supports the current version, plus one prior version, of the following environments:
Supported Operating Systems
Windows XP or greater
Mac OSX 10.7.5 is supported using Load or Zero-Client features only
Safari (Mac only)
Chrome (Windows only)
Q. What are the standard deposit limits for non-business members?
The standard limit for non-business members is $5,000 per day and $25,000 for a rolling 30-day period.
Q. How do I make a deposit using Remote Check Deposit through Online Banking?
- From your Online Banking page, select the “Make a Deposit” icon.
- Select the account into which you wish to make a check deposit then click "Submit."
- To endorse the check, include the following info on the back of the check(s):
- The letters “RDC”
- Payee’s Endorsement (signature)
- Select your scanner (the first time you use the service you will be prompted to install a scanner control, you will only need to do this once).
- Enter the total deposit amount of your check(s).
- Scan the front and back of your check(s).
- Review and 'Submit' your deposit.
Q. What types of accounts can I scan deposits into?
Deposits can be made to your Suffolk Federal savings or checking account.
Q. How quickly will the deposit be credited to my account?
Checks submitted for deposit prior to 3:00 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) will be credited to your account on the same business day. Deposits submitted after 3:00 pm EST will be credited to your account on the next business day. Business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Q. Is the hold policy for checks different when they are scanned?
Yes. The checks deposited via RCD will have a minimum hold of two days.
Q. What should I do with the check once it has been scanned?
You must securely store each original check(s) for a period of ninety (90) days after you receive confirmation that your deposit has been accepted. Under no circumstances should you deposit the paper check. You will receive an email notification when your deposit is accepted, or you can reference your monthly statement to monitor your deposits. Once the ninety (90) days has elapsed, you can destroy the original check(s) by shredding or another secure method. Please note, you are solely responsible and liable for the security and storage of the original checks and take full responsibility for any loss or misappropriation of these checks.
Q. How do I get a copy of my deposit?
If you click on the Deposit History tab at the top right corner of the page, a listing of your scanned deposits will be displayed. If you click on the icon, you can view the deposit details along with a copy of the items included in that deposit. If you click on the icon, you can download a copy of the deposit and print it or save it to a file on your computer for your records.
Q. How long is my deposit history available for viewing?
Deposit history is available for viewing online for 18 months. For deposit history older than 18 months, you can contact our Member Service Center at 631-924-8000.
Q. What types of checks can be scanned for deposit?
- Single-party, domestic checks made payable to the owner(s) of the Suffolk Federal account.
- Savings Bonds
- Foreign checks
- Third party checks
- Photocopies of checks
- Items stamped "non-negotiable”
- Incomplete checks
- Stale-dated or post-dated checks
- Checks that contain evidence of alteration to the information on the check
- Checks purported to be a lottery or prize winning
- Checks previously submitted for deposit
Q. If I have questions, where can I go to receive help?
If you are within the Remote Check Deposit section of Online Banking, you can select "Help" or "?" as you begin the transaction and you will see information specific to the page you are on.
You can also send an email to RDCtellers@suffolkfcu.org or call (631) 924-8000.