SFCU is committed to providing you with financial products and services to meet your financial needs. This Privacy Notice describes our policies and practices to protect your privacy and enable us to share information so we may provide our members competitive financial products and services.
What follows is a description of the information we collect and disclose, including the parties who receive non-public information from us as we conduct credit union business.
Information is collected about you from the following sources:
- Applications, forms and other information that you provide us, whether in writing, electronically, via the Internet, or by any other means. For information we collect about you when you visit or make transactions on our website, and for information about our use of "cookies" and online tracking technologies, please see our "Digital Privacy Practices".
- Transactions on your shares and loans
- Consumer Reporting Agencies
- Verification of information you provide on various forms
Parties to whom non-public personal information may be disclosed include:
- Financial service providers, such as those that provide mortgage, securities, credit card and insurance services
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies
Disclosure of information to parties that provide services to us:
SFCU may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to the companies that perform marketing and other services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. We may also disclose information about you under other circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of the credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize or protect the security of our financial records.
Disclosure of information about former members:
If you decide to terminate your membership or become an inactive member, we will adhere to the privacy policies and practices as described in this notice.
How we protect your information:
We restrict access to non-public personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your non-public personal information.
What members can do to help:
- Protect your account numbers, PINs and passwords
- Be cautious about disclosing your account number, social security number, etc., to other persons
- Keep your information with SFCU current so we can reach you if we detect potential problems
- Let us know if you have questions. Don't hesitate to call (631) 924-8000.
Explanation of Opt Out Right:
If you prefer that we do not disclose non-public personal information about you to non-affiliated third parties, you may opt out of those disclosures, that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures (other then disclosures permitted by law). If you wish to opt out of disclosures to non-affiliated third parties, you may submit the following Opt Out Notice to any of our branches.
If you have any questions regarding our privacy policies or procedures, please contact us at (631) 924-8000.
DIGITAL PRIVACY PRACTICES
SFCU is committed to safeguarding information about members and visitors to the SFCU website.
These Digital Privacy Practices explain our privacy practices regarding the information we collect about you when you visit or make transactions on SFCU's website.
How we may use information:
We may collect information during your website visit in order to provide you with offers and information. We may also use the information we collect from you online to contact you via telephone, e-mail or other means regarding offers of products and services that may be of interest to you.
How we collect information online:
Tracer Technologies: Tracer, or spotlighting technologies may also be used by SFCU or its service providers. We may use tracers to determine whether you viewed certain advertisements or received or opened e-mails from SFCU.
SFCU may store the information collected during your visit in an electronic database. SFCU uses security measures to protect against loss, misuse and alteration of data stored in our systems.
Third Party Websites:
Privacy and Children:
SFCU respects the privacy of children. We do not knowingly solicit data from children, and we do not knowingly market to children. We will not knowingly collect names or any other personally identifiable information from children. We recognize that protecting children's identities and privacy online is important and that the responsibility to do so rests with both the online industry and parents.