Boost Your Lifestyle with the Equity You’ve Built
Your home is much more than a roof over your head. It could also be a great source of low-cost financing. At Suffolk Federal, we can help you turn your home equity into cash you can use to remodel your home, consolidate debt, take a vacation, pay tuition, and so much more.
Cash when you need it:
Home Equity Line-of-Credit
Only pay interest on the money you use. Draw from this credit line as needed to pay for a series of home improvements, pay off credit cards, handle emergency expenses, and more.
Fixed Home Equity Loan
Receive the full amount of the loan upon closing and use it to cover a large single expense, such as a home renovation.
Home Equity Line-of-Credit (HELOC)
Our affordable HELOC makes it easy to pay for multiple expenses over time.
- Special intro APR as low as 2.99% for 15 months, followed by a competitive variable rate (as low as 4.75% APR).*
- No closing costs**.
- Borrow money as needed and make interest-only payments for the first 10 years (the draw period).
- Lines from $20,000 to $1,500,000.**
Home Equity Loans
Want your funds in one lump sum? Choose our Fixed Home Equity Loan or Fixed Home Equity First Mortgage.
- Terms up to 10 years for a Fixed Home Equity Loan & Fixed Home Equity First Mortgage.
- Great fixed rates and predictable monthly payments.
- No closing costs on loans up to $250,000.**
- Borrow up to 80% of your home’s appraised value (less outstanding mortgage, if applicable).
Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s the difference between a HELOC and a Fixed Home Equity Loan?
- How long does it take to get my funds with a HELOC?
- How much can I borrow?
- How often can the rate change on a HELOC?
- How do I pay back a HELOC?
- Can I lock in an interest rate on a HELOC?
** Suffolk Federal will pay closing costs on Home Equity Loan amounts up to $250,000 on properties in New York State only. Suffolk Federal will pay closing costs, except the appraisal fee, on HELOC amounts up to $500,000 on properties in New York State only. If you pay off and close your loan less than three years from loan origination date, you will be required to reimburse all closing costs paid by Suffolk Federal. Sample closing costs are estimated $2,790 for loan amount of $250,000 with the property located in Suffolk County, other counties may have different estimates.
Rates and terms are subject to change without notice. All offers of credit are subject to credit approval requirements and applicants may be offered credit at higher rates and other terms. Loan-to-Value (LTV) and/or Combined LTV (CLTV) restrictions apply. Available on 1- to 4-family primary or secondary residences, excluding mobile homes, co-ops and homes for sale, under construction or on leased land. Hazard insurance is required on all loans secured by real property (flood insurance may also be required where applicable). Membership at Suffolk Federal Credit Union is required by opening a minimum $5 share savings account at or prior to HELOC account opening.