Many Advantages, One Reason
How can you benefit by banking at Suffolk Federal? Let us count the ways.
Sure, you’ll earn more—and save more—on your banking with our great credit union rates, but we also offer our members many other advantages of a credit union. Why? For one reason: We simply appreciate that you’ve chosen to bank at Suffolk Federal.
Take a look at the many value-added benefits membership provides.
- Financial Counseling
- Income Tax Preparation Services
- Financial Empowerment: Online Workshop
- Suffolk Federal Scholars Program
- LifeLock® Identity Theft Protection
- Fraud Protection
- Credit Union Travel Club & Plum Benefits
- Membership Anniversary Rewards
- Bonus Incentive Program
As a benefit of your credit union membership, we offer FREE unlimited access to financial education and counseling services through GreenPath, a financial counseling program that has been serving families for more than 50 years.
As a member, you can receive assistance with:
- Personal and family budgeting
- Understanding your personal credit report and how to improve your score
- Personal money management
- Debt repayment
- Avoiding bankruptcy, foreclosure and repossession
- Housing Counseling Services
- Home-Buyer Assistance
Suffolk Federal also offers our members access to BudgetSmart, a tool to:
- Determine how you want to spend your income.
- Track how you are actually spending your income.
- Learn how to adjust areas where you are overspending.
- Determine how a major purchase or change in income would impact your budget.
Income Tax Preparation Services
During tax season, members can receive help from our tax specialist to provide every tax & related services that you’ll need, now, or in the future.
Financial Empowerment: Online Workshop
Offered in both English and Spanish, Suffolk Federal offers a series of free, easy-to-use online modules that can help lead you down the road to financial empowerment. Learn more about Savings, Investments, Auto Loan, Overdraft, Mobile Payments, Checking Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit Scores & Reports, Mortgages, Education Savings, Identity Protection and much more! Get started today!
Suffolk Federal Scholars Program
This program brings the award-winning EverFi™—financial literacy program technology platform to local high schools, providing students with access to a cutting-edge curriculum that will enable them to become certified in financial literacy.
LifeLock® Identity Theft Protection
LifeLock® identity theft protection helps to proactively safeguard your personal information and alerts you of potential threats.
LifeLock® membership includes:
- Identity Threat Detection and Alerts†
- Lost wallet protection
- Address change verification
- Black Market website surveillance
- Reduced preapproved credit card offers
- Award-winning member service 24/7/365
†Network does not cover all transactions and scope may vary.
At Suffolk Federal, protecting our credit union members from fraud is a top priority. We’re committed to ensuring the safety of your information. First and foremost, please do not disclose any personally identifying information if requested from an unsolicited email, text message or phone call that may seem like it’s been sent by Suffolk Federal. This includes:
- Account information
- Social Security number
- Mother’s maiden name
- Online Banking access code
- Account access code
- ATM card PIN
- Credit card number, expiration date or PIN
Credit Union Travel Club is a discount travel site exclusively for credit union members. You can book hotels, flights, cruises, and more all around the globe. Credit Union Travel Club members save an average of $46 per night on hotels when compared to the “big name” travel sites, and there’s never a membership fee because you’re a member of Suffolk Federal.
Activate your free membership with activation code: GOSUFFOLK
Plum BenefitsTM is part of TicketsatWork®, the nation’s leading entertainment benefits and perks provider, connecting you to the world’s greatest entertainment and travel discounts including:
- Theme parks
- Sporting events
- Movie tickets
- Rental cars
- Hotel stays and more!
Signing up for Plum BenefitsTM is simple.
First, request your Plum BenefitsTM membership access code by doing one of the following:
- Call 631.714.2974 to ask a representative for your Plum Benefits access code.*
- Contact us and type “Plum Benefits access code request” in the comments section.
- Send a request through Online Banking’s secured messages that says, “Send me my Plum Benefits membership access code.”
Once you have your access code, visit www.plumbenefits.com, click Become a Member and submit your information along with the code. Now, you’re ready to purchase tickets directly on Plum Benefits’ secure site.
*Access Code: Your membership access code is provided by Suffolk Federal. This website is for members and employees only, and products listed are not available to the general public. Need help with your membership access code? Call 1.877.868.7758 (customer service is available seven days a week from 8:30 a.m. – Midnight EST).
Membership Anniversary Rewards
At Suffolk Federal, we appreciate your membership and the many years you have spent banking with us. It’s our pleasure to present you with a token of our appreciation!
Select the icon for the Suffolk Federal anniversary you’re celebrating to receive a special gift! Enter the personal gift redemption code that you’ve received in the mail, select your gift and complete the mailing information. Your gift will arrive in two to four weeks.* It’s a privilege to serve you.
* Please note that all gift options are subject to change based on availability.
Bonus Incentive Program
Suffolk Federal provides incentives to our members based on your level of participation at the credit union. The more products and services you use, the more you save!
Bonus Incentive Program benefits provide:
- Consumer loan rate discounts on home equity loans, vehicle loans, boat loans and personal loans that can save you hundreds of dollars
- Mortgage closing credit
- Monthly credits on Suffolk Federal fees
|Bonus Incentive Program Requirements||Silver Level||Gold Level||Platinum Level|
|Aggregate Loan Balances (non-mortgage)||$1,000||$5,000||$10,000|
|Active Checking Account||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Bill Pay Transactions||-||-||One per month|
|Debit Card Signature Transactions||-||One per month||One per month|
|Suffolk Federal Bonus Incentive Program Benefits||Silver Level||Gold Level||Platinum Level|
|Rate Discount on your Next Loan*||0.05%||0.15%||0.30%|
|Mortgage Closing Credit||$100||$200||$400|
|Monthly Credit towards Fees||$0||$5||$10|
*Loans exclude mortgage, business and variable rate loans. Bonus Incentive Program levels are updated quarterly. Refinancing of Suffolk Federal loans or mortgages is not eligible for rate discounts or fee credits. This program is membership based, not individual based. Fee credits are paid monthly and do not roll over into the next month.