You may have heard in recent news that the credit-reporting bureau Equifax has announced a breach that has potentially compromised 143 million records, including 209,000 credit cards.
To find out if your personal information has been affected, you can visit the Equifax website.
From all of us here at Suffolk Federal, we remind you to please take the necessary steps to protect your personal information.
- Never respond to emails, texts or phone calls asking for personal or financial information.
- Regularly review all of your account activity and immediately report unauthorized transactions.
- Consider placing an initial fraud alert with a credit bureau, which is free and will apply to all the credit bureaus.
- Be sure to update your PINs and passwords often, including email passwords.
- Always continue to educate yourself on best practices against potential fraud. Learn more by viewing the Identity Protection module from Suffolk Federal’s FREE Financial Empowerment: Online Workshop.
Be sure to utilize the latest tools from Suffolk Federal that will help protect you from fraud, including:
CardValet® Mobile App
Get real-time notifications when your debit card is used. Lock your card anytime and so much more.
CardLock™ Mobile App
Take an active role in protecting your credit card accounts.
LifeLock® (requires monthly fee)
LifeLock identity theft protection helps to proactively safeguard your personal information and alerts you of potential threats.
Should you have any questions, please contact us, our Member Services Team is always standing by at 631.924.8000.