Important Information Regarding Stimulus Payments:
Due to high call volume in our Contact Center, we encourage you to verify your deposit by accessing your Online and Mobile Banking accounts, 24/7. Please be advised Suffolk Federal is unable to provide information on the timing of your stimulus payment at this time. You can verify your specific payment at www.IRS.gov/GetMyPayment
For more information from the IRS on misdirected Economic Impact Payments and for the most up-to-date announcements, please CLICK HERE
We know many of our members have questions regarding the second round of Stimulus Payments. We hope the following information is helpful:
- Am I eligible?
- To learn if you’re eligible for a payment, the amount, method of receipt, and other information, please visit the IRS website.
- What if I’m receiving a direct deposit?
- If the IRS has your information from your 2019 tax filing, or account number used for the previous stimulus payment you should receive stimulus payment via direct deposit. You can monitor this via the Suffolk Federal mobile app or by logging into your account online on at www.suffolkfcu.org
- What if I’m receiving a check?
- If you receive a paper check, you can deposit it with our mobile banking app, via a Suffolk Federal ATM, or at a branch if you are unable to use a more convenient method.
- What if I’m receiving a debit card?
- If you’re receiving an Economic Impact Payment card, you’ll receive it in a white envelope with a prominent U.S. Department of Treasury seal. Suffolk Federal Credit Union does not manage the distribution or function of these cards or payments. Please contact the IRS with any questions concerning these cards.
What you Need to Know
Visit our Covid-19 Information Page for updated information on Branch Operations, Ways to Bank from Home, Member Assistance and Personal Protective Measures.
Effective November 30, 2020, lobby hours for all of our branches are by appointment only. Schedule yours today.
New Home Equity Fixed-Rate Mortgage Loan Statement Coming Soon
Suffolk Federal is in the process of creating a separate, more enhanced Home Equity Fixed-Rate Mortgage Loan Statement. It is a new requirement of the NYS Department of Finance to provide a separate monthly statement for your Home Equity Fixed-Rate Mortgage Loan. This statement will have a different look than your current monthly statement. You will see the same information you see now but with a few more line items and Paid Year to Date information. If further clarification is needed once you receive the new format please call or visit one of our branches. The new statement does not affect the way you make your monthly payments. You still will have the same payment method whether payroll deduction, share transfer or coupon.
Scam Alert: P2P Fraud
The credit union has recently learned that fraudsters are launching social engineering attacks to members by posing as the credit union to obtain online banking credentials. Read this important information from Suffolk Federal on the most recent scams and ways to protect yourself from fraud at our Fraud Corner.